Thursday, November 03, 2011

Halloween & Us (Muslims)

Bismillahirrahman nir rahim~

Assalamualaikum w.b.t to all fellow friends & readers.

It's the beginning of November, yeah..obviously. He-he. I'm quite sure most of us know about the Halloween on the 31st October every year eh? Well, I played IMVU and the Shops are mostly Halloween-related and even the IMVU client is decorated with Halloween-theme. LOL. Yeah, even Facebook games like The Sims Social & Simply Hospital are relating Halloween to the game. LOL again.

So what is this 'festive holiday' is about? Where is it coming from? The thing is that.. I am never really bothered about it even though some of my online friends did mentioned about it, talking about it etc etc. Let alone celebrating it. Alhamdulillah.

But one thing we have to remind ourselves is that.. we,as a Muslim must always be aware of things around us. Being aware, not paranoid paid, you know. He-he. Think about this; yeah, you don't care about Halloween or whatever it is and you never celebrate it as well, since it is not in our religion. But how about your younger siblings? Your children? This kind of things (i.e Halloween, Valentine's Day) have becoming a global phenomenon on "their respective date". Phenomenon as in being a global festive/holidays. The youngsters might think that these festive/holidays are just a holiday, without realizing the real meaning or history of it. Thus, they themselves blindly celebrating it, unaware of how it may affect their aqidah and iman. Mind you that believing too much of such celebration might lead us away from believing there is only one God. Why am I saying that? Cause for me, I rather believe that loving day is everyday and that Allah SWT is the Al-Might and Most Loving as well as the one that give love the most to His creatures. Hence, I would give my loved ones gift, flowers, surprises or anything I want to give any day, any time - not only on Valentine's Day, you know. :)
So, what I'm saying is that.. being aware means that not only us being aware but as well as being aware for our loved ones who might not know. Good thing if we know, we can tell and share with those who don't know. Right?

Back to the Halloween topic.. (sorry, I guess I was babbling too much there. LOL), here's an interesting video I would love so much to share with everyone especially fellow Muslim youngsters~ Watch the video below or at the link (here)


Get to know what is the story or history behind that celebration, what is about and then think about us, being a Muslim.. of our belief and iman.

Do let me know in the comment if the link doesn't work. It's been a long time since I last blog so, I kinda lost in the editor. (Alhamdulillah, the one I know how to do the most is typing my entry. LOL)

Kindly share your thought(s) with me too! :D

P.S: Everyone got their own opinion,aight? This is not me mocking the celebration of anything. It is still up to you if you wanted to celebrate it. This is just me sharing my thoughts as a Muslim to a fellow Muslim and everyone out there :) Enjoy your day,everyone!

2 comments:

kyo_9 said...

waa..
it's been ages hearing news about you.. thanks for the entry..
you should've just embed the video in the entry though~~

Deana said...

kyo..!

hehe.. yeah. I guess, I kinda forget how to embed the video coz it was kinda in rush. well, I'm gonna edit the entry and embed the video~ ^^

Related Posts with Thumbnails